I had to go to truck school these past few days in Cedar Rapids and learn how to drive a semi. Which I guess makes sense since I test people I guess I should know how to drive one :) I was super nervous and didn't have much interest in driving the semi out on the road. I was ok with in the parking lot but not out on the road. BUT I decided to drive out on the road. I figure I may not have the chance ever again! Not only did we drive on the road but I got on & off the interstate too. We did some of the same testing that the applicants do when they come into the DOT to get a Commerical Drivers License. I didn't hit any cones, people or poles, I was pretty proud of myself!! I would say the hardest thing was that since I know how to drive a stick shift in a car I thought I could do the truck. The shifting is completely different. What would be 1st gear in a car is reverse, so I didnt want to get that one mixed up!! All & all I had a pretty good time, better than what I thought I was going to. It was very hard to be away from James those 3 days but I was nice to see how excited he was when I went to pick him up at daycare!!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go! That is something I don't think I would ever do. I get nervous enough trying to back up Austin's pick-up!
ReplyDeleteMegan I pray alot that day!! :)
ReplyDelete