Sunday, September 9, 2012

HyVee Triathlon!!!!

I DID IT!!!!! After 4 months of hard training the day was finally upon me!! I had to wake up a 4AM to get ready to head to the race. I had to be checked into transition by 6AM, which means hurry up and stand around and wait and think about how nervous you are!!!  I entered the water at 7:47 to do a mile swim in Gray's Lake. I swam it in 53:13, which surprised me since I had been swimming it in the pool at 48 minutes and thought it would be alot longer since it was open water. It was also the first time I every swam in my wetsuit, the only thing I wasn't familiar with was when you are in a wetsuit and you stand up coming out of water it all comes rushing out of you at the bottom and drags you down, which makes it hard to walk let alone run!! I did get kicked in the jaw on the right side of my face ( which is still a little sore) and one guy grab my shoulder and pushed me completely under water, which I thought was really dirty. Most people if they kicked you or grab you they said sorry. I understand it happens since it is the lake and you cant see very well.  This guy didn't!!It is such a adrenaline rush coming out of the water. Family &  friends were there to cheer me on too, which always helps! :) My team finished the whole tri in 3 hrs and 33 minutes. Jose biked his 25 miles in 1 hr and 25 min and Micheale ran her 6.2 miles in 1hr 10 min. (approx times) We all had a blast and are wanting to do it next year already!! It has taken me pretty much all week to recover but I did start working out again on Wednesday for the next Tri. I am now training for next springs Copper Creek Triathlon which I am going to try to do it all by myself. It is a half mile swim, 13 mile bike and a 5K run. I am now hooked on doing tri's, it is such a neat thing to see how far you can push your body!!

I am in the lime green cap
 

Running up the muddy hill to tag Jose to bike
My team before hand


My 2 big cheerleaders Zoey & James!!!
My biggest fan of the day!!!!
 
 

1 comment: