Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flooded Car

So it has been forever since I have been on here sorry, life gets crazy fast around here!! :)
So this weekend we had a really bad storm in Altoona early Sunday morning. We had 65 mph winds, and lots & lots of rain in a VERY short time. Our drain in our parking lot back up and my car ended up getting flooded. Around 4:30 AM our door bell rang and it was our neighbors downstairs telling Don that my car was under water, so when Don woke me up I was really confused since our parking lot is flat & never thought that I would need to worry about possible flooding, but sure enough I grabbed my glasses and ran downstairs and the water was up to my door panel!! When Don & I walked in the water to get to my car, I realized that there was about 2 inches of water inside my car too!!! We just paid off the car off a week before Sunday, so you know that must of cursed us! Anyways after some very fun times with the dealership and car insurance adjusters the car is currently getting fixed and should be ready for pick up by Friday. Praise God no major repairs, only need new carpet & seats, air bag sensor and new fire wall insulation. Our garage was also flooded but most of our stuff was ok since we have alot of it high up or in tubs but it took us most of Sunday cleaning out the car and the garage going through boxes that did get water in them. I could not image going through a whole flooded house, I am pretty sure that I would just walk away!!





Our garage

No comments:

Post a Comment