This weekend we took our very first family vacation. We thought since it was our first that we wouldn't go very far in case James had a major melt down!! So we packed up and left Saturday morning. The car ride down went pretty well that is once James fell asleep but he was a real trooper. When we got to Omaha went check into the hotel which James LOVED by the way, we than took James to the Children's Museum which James had a blast at. Clifford the big red dog was there and they had a life size play ground of Clifford's back yard that James played in. James was not at all interested in meeting Clifford he was more interested in playing and running around!! It was really nice because this children's museum had a area for every age group and once we found the area for James' age group he played hard, I mean he threw a HUGE fit when we had to leave but the museum was closing and we had to go, but try explaining that to a 11 month old :) We than tried to find a place to eat for supper and James played so hard that he fell asleep in the car with a cookie in his hand, which if you have ever met my child you know that this is VERY rare!! Dinner did not end up going very well since James was super tired we ended up getting it to go and we all headed back to the hotel. James loved running the halls of the hotel room and running around inside our room. It was nice for Don & I since we could relax while James played since it was a small enough area so we could see James at all times. James did really good sleeping that night, in fact I am pretty sure that he slept better than both Don & I. Sunday morning we woke up nice and early and heading onto the Zoo. James loved the aquarium and the gorillas. I think that James like the aquarium the most since that was really the only place that he was able to run around at, thus the very positive side of going to the zoo first thing in the morning cause it is not busy at all!! James was so good at the Zoo he got to pick out a new book and stuff animal to take home, James read the book most of the way home. Daddy also picked out a neat puzzle for James to play with once he gets a little older. I am pretty sure that Don & I have learned that we will not be taking long trips for several years. The short weekend trips are just right for all 3 of us :) Enjoy the pictures below!!!

James chillin in the truck on the way there!
driving a truck like dada at the children's museum
The turtle came to say hello at the Zoo
like I said this was James' favorite part of the Zoo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment