Well we have been one sick family since about Christmas, with me getting the flu the week of Christmas, than Don getting a nasty cold that turned in bronchitis that he is still fighting. Took James to the doctor 2 weeks ago for a cold that just was not going away, was told it was just a viral cold and it would just go away.Called the Dr. on Monday cause he wasn't getting any better and the Dr. prescribed antibiotics, but his cough just got worse & worse. Call the Dr. back Thursday night & he said that he wanted to see James 1st thing in the morning. So Friday morning I took him to the Dr. thinking that he was just going to get a different antibiotics and would be on our way out, but after Dr. Strang listened to his chest he said it sounded really wheezy and ordered a chest x-ray & blood work. Thank God the blood work came back ok, but the chest x-ray should just a bit of fluid in his lungs, so he was diagnosed with border line Pneumonia. Thank God it is just viral pneumonia, which I was told was the better of two. So I was trained on how to work the breathing treatment machine & was giving a script for a steroid. After 3 days of breathing treatments every 3-4 hrs James is doing alot better.Although giving James breathing treaments took some practice, I think that we finally have a system down. We turn on his Super Why DVD & he gets so focused on it that he doesn't freak out kicking & pulling the tube out!
I some how feel like a bad mom though, for letting in turn into this, but Dr. Strang re-assured me that I was not a bad mom & that pneumonia is sometimes mistreated due to the fact that the signs are alot like the common cold. Please continue to keep James in your prayers that God will continue to heal him & keep him from getting this again!!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment