On Wednesday night I went to get James ready for bed, went to take his socks off and freaked out by what I saw. James's 3rd toe was swollen to about twice the size of his other toes. I screamed for Don, after many mintues of trying to figure out what the heck happend, we figured out that James had somehow gotten one of Mollie's hair wrapped around his toes several times. It took us several minutes to get the hair off. It was so swollen that we were not sure if we got it all off. We headed off the urgant care at Mercy. We got in right away, funny how when you have a screaming baby they tend to get you in a lot faster. Don & I joke about how we need to take James everywhere so we can get really fast service :)
It took about 2 doctors and 3 nurses to figure out that we had gotten it all off! We did find out that if we hadnt gotten it off he could have lost the top of his toe!!! The more people I tell about this, the more I hear about this happening alot. There are so many things you need to know as a parent, someone really needs to write a book about them, even the weird things that no one thinks happens!! Hmmm maybe that is a good idea, I guess I should start writing this stuff down! :) Thank goodness James is very patience with us as we are learning as we go!! :)
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment